Last updated: 15th December 2018
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, gender, date of birth, occupation, employer information, photo, payment information (such as your credit or debit card and billing address), preference or interest data, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our website, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We may collect log information about your use of the website, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the website.
Mobile Device Information: We may collect information about the mobile device you use to access our website, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons.
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our website and your experience, see which areas and features of our website are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our website or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our website. For example, we may collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
• Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Jane Crisp and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our website;
• Personalize and improve the website and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
• Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United Kingdom and the information we collect is governed by U.K. law. By accessing our website or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.K. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
• When you engage with us on social media, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features
The website may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our website with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Jane Crisp takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may review, correct or modify information maintained in your email subscription account at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of any email or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by sending an email to email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Note that some information you provide through the website may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments you submit through the social media) and that we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our website.
Cookie Name (Duration - Purpose)
Crumb (Session - Prevents cross-site request forgery (CSRF)
RecentRedirect (30 minutes - Prevents redirect loops)
CART (2 weeks - Shows when a visitor adds a product to their cart)
hasCart (2 weeks - Tells site owner that the visitor has a cart)
Locked (Session - Prevents the password-protected screen from displaying if a visitor enters the correct site-wide password)
SiteUserInfo (3 years - Identifies a visitor who logs into a customer account)
SiteUserSecureAuthToken (3 years - Authenticates a visitor who logs into a customer account)
Commerce-checkout-state (Session - Stores state of checkout while the visitor is completing their order in PayPal)
squarespace-popup-overlay (Persistent - Prevents the Promotional Pop-Up from displaying if a visitor dismisses it)
squarespace-announcement-bar (Persistent - Prevents the announcement bar from displaying if a visitor dismisses it)
Test (Session - Investigates if the browser supports cookies and prevents errors)
ss_cid (2 years - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site)
ss_cvr (2 years - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site)
ss_cvisit (30 minutes - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site)
ss_cvt (30 minutes - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site)
ss_cpvisit (2 years - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site)
ss_cookieAllowed (30 days - Remembers if a visitor agreed to placing Analytics cookies on their browser if a site is restricting the placement of cookies)